Healthy Snack Ideas To Try Out This Summer
Hey hey! So if you're like me, you're ALWAYS on the go. Sometimes I remember to pack myself a lunch, but most of the time I don't. Now this doesn't always mean that I swing through the closest fast food joint in between meetings, sometimes I just forget to eat entirely! I know I know, how do I just 'forget' to eat, but I swear sometimes I just get goin on a project and the next thing I know the whole day is gone!
A lot of the times when I forget to eat, the fatigue wears me down so fast and I start to show symptoms of 'hangry-ness.' If you don't know what it's like to be hangry, you're probably lying! Haha
Thankfully I can ALWAYS rely on my girl and Ridge Fitness personal trainer, Rachel Plumage, for some smart advice. She is the QUEEN of finding/creating snacks that are both tasty AND beneficial for your body.
Check out some of these super healthy and delicious snack ideas that she sent me this week! You won't be disappointed!
HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS:
- Whole Wheat or gluten free tortilla and 2 oz. lean, nitrate free turkey or chicken (or 1 oz hard cheese and 1 oz. lean meat), dark leafy lettuce, avocado, sprouts, sliced tomato
- 2 tbs. Natural almond butter and apple slices
- 2 Boiled eggs and a Clementine or small orange
- 2 tbs. natural PB on celery
- Grapefruit and 1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled
- 2 oz. lean turkey rolled with avocado and 1 serving whole wheat crackers (read label) or rice cake
- High protein Greek yogurt, frozen berries and kashi go-lean sprinkled on top or grapenuts
- Almond milk or 1% and 1 serving of a high protein cereal
- Plain High Protein yogurt (Greek) with nuts
- Brown rice cake with low fat Swiss & Ham
- Cottage cheese (low fat) and piece fruit (berries are great fruit source-frozen berries thawed)
- 8 triscuits with 2 oz low fat chicken breast slices
- 3 oz. natural turkey slices filled with slices of bell pepper
- 2 whole hard boiled eggs
- High protein Plain Greek yogurt with 1 scoop protein powder mixed in (slightly freeze for frozen yogurt “treat”) Or add berries