2017 Post Office Deadlines and Closures
It's crazy to think we are so close to wrapping up the year 2017. Often times at the end of the year we are rushing to get gifts and packages in the mail to arrive before Christmas. The post office sometimes works extra hours to accommodate last minute package senders, but if you want your items to arrive on time here is the information from the USPS website:
Mailing Within Contiguous US
Make sure your mail and packages arrive in time for the holidays by mailing before these recommended deadlines, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
Send-by dates for expected delivery before Dec. 25th (Actual delivery date may vary and is based on origin, destination, Post Office acceptance time, and other conditions).
- December 14 — USPS Retail Ground®
- December 19 — First-Class Mail®
- December 20 — Priority Mail®
- December 22 — Priority Mail Express®
For Priority Mail Express® shipments mailed December 23 through December 25, the money-back guarantee applies only if the shipment was not delivered, or delivery was not attempted, within two (2) business days.
Local Post Office Hours
Post Office™ locations nationwide will be closed Christmas Eve, Sunday, December 24.
Christmas hours will be posted at each Post Office location.
Christmas Day Schedule
Post Office locations nationwide will be closed on Christmas Day, Monday, December 25.
- Priority Mail Express® will still be delivered on Sunday, Christmas Eve, and Monday, Christmas Day.
- Regular mail will not be delivered Monday, December 25.
- All Post Office locations will be open and resume regular mail delivery on Tuesday, December 26.
New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day Schedules
Local Post Office Hours
Post Office locations nationwide will be closed on New Year’s Eve, Sunday, December 31 and on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1.
All Post Office locations will be open and resume regular mail delivery on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
USPS Collection Boxes
New Year’s Eve Pickup
Blue collection boxes will not be serviced on New Year’s Eve, December 31. Regular collections will be made on Saturday, December 30.
New Year’s Day Pickup
Mail will not be picked up from collection boxes on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1. Normal collection will resume Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Regular Mail Delivery
- Mail will not be delivered on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, except Priority Mail Express®. Priority Mail Express mail will be delivered on Sunday and Monday.
- Regular mail delivery will resume on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
To insure your packages arrive on time getting them in the mail early is key. Also, the longer you wait to get the packages to the post office, the longer you can expect to wait when you get there.
Sky High at the Big Sky Resort