Candle May Have Caused Monday House Fire In Missoula
Just before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Missoula Rural and Missoula City Fire Department crews were called to a structure fire on River Road.
In a news release, Battalion Chief Blaine Cowan said fire engines from both agencies arrived on scene within a few minutes to a single-story duplex.
A rapid search revealed the fire had originated in the bathroom, and was confined to that room.
The fire remains under investigation, however a candle that may have been left burning may most likely be the cause.
No one was injured during the incident.
Missoula Rural Fire would like to remind everyone, especially during the holidays. to practice extreme caution when using candles. Never leave them lit while away from home, and keep them away from any flammable materials.