Full List: North 40 Ag Field Days Coming Up Across Region
For those who caught our discussion with Kate Vogel of North 40 Ag on Montana Talks with Aaron Flint, we posted the full list of field day events coming up across our region below.
Here's the full press release from North 40 Ag:
North 40 Ag announces cover crop and soil health field days across the region
BALLANTINE – North 40 Ag, an agronomy and soil health consulting company based in Ballantine, Mont., will host 12 soil health & cover crop field days across Montana, northern Wyoming, and western North Dakota in August and September. Topics include the benefits of implementing soil health practices such as no-till, crop rotation, cover crops, and incorporating cover crops into grazing systems.
“Field days are a great opportunity to learn about cover crops and soil health practices firsthand” said Kate Vogel, agronomist with North 40 Ag. “Each event is tailored to the unique agronomic conditions in the area, and allows us to learn from the successes and challenges of other producers.”
Field days will be held at the following locations:
- Baker, MT: Aug. 27 @ 1pm- 12 miles North of Baker on Hwy 7. Turn east on Big Hill Rd. Field on north side of road.
- Williston, ND: Aug. 28 @ 9am- 5658 133rd Avenue NW Williston, ND 58801
- Culbertson, MT: Aug. 28 @ 2pm- 6224 Rd 1017 Culbertson, MT 59218
- Larslan, MT: Aug. 29 @ 10am- 145 Sather Road Larslan, MT 59244
- Jordan, MT: Aug. 30 @ 9am- 860 East Sand Creek Rd. Jordan, MT 59337
- Winnett, MT: Aug. 30 @ 3pm- 3 miles south of Winnett Hwy 244. Meet at 3 grain bins on east side of Hwy.
- Musselshell, MT: Aug. 31 @ 10am- 5 miles west of Melstone Hwy 12. Turn north on Ragged Point Rd.
- Two Dot, MT: Sept. 4 @2pm- 2 Moe Lane Two Dot, MT 59085
- Lavina, MT: Sept. 5 @ 9am- 275 Three Pines Rd Lavina, MT 59046
- Gillette, WY: Sept. 6 @ 2pm- 1050 Collings Rd. Gillette, WY 82717
- Hulett, WY: Sept. 7 @ 10am- 461 New Haven Rd. Hulett, WY 82720
Additional information is available at www.north40ag.com or by contacting Kate Vogel, (406) 600-5205, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field days are part of a Risk Management Education cooperative agreement awarded to North 40 Ag by the USDA Risk Management Agency to deliver soil health education and risk management training across the region.