Determined Hamilton Broncs Finish 4th at State Basketball
The Hamilton Broncs finished in Fourth Place at the State Class A basketball tournament. They made it to the consolation game against old pals Polson (met them a few times this year) and Polson won third place 57 to 52. Earlier Saturday, Hamilton advanced to the Consolation match by slipping by Glendive in a wild Overtime game 68 to 66. After losing their first game of the tournament Wednesday evening against Lewistown (who became 2nd place team in the State Class A tournament), The Broncs battled through the loser-out bracket, playing five games total in the tournament.
Meanwhile, the Hamilton Lady Broncs also lost their first game in the tournament at the UM Dahlberg Arena Wednesday, being outscored by Hardin 62 to 48. Hardin went on to win 3rd in the tournament. The Lady Broncs, meanwhile, waited until Friday afternoon to play their next game and were knocked out of the tourney by Miles City 52 to 43.
Winning the boys side of the Class A tournament was Butte Central, defeating Lewistown 61 to 58. And on the girls side, top team was Havre with a 37 to 30 win over Billings Central. Hardin defeated Dillon 61 to 46 for Third place.
Other Basketball scores from the State basketball tournaments
Boys AA Tournament:
- Championship - Helena Capital 62 Bozeman 48
- Consolation - Missoula Big Sky 52 Billings Senior 41
Girls AA Tournament:
- Championship - Billings Skyview 54 Missoula Hellgate 44
- Consolation - Kalispell Flathead 53 Missoula Sentinel 44
Boys B Tournament:
- Championship - Three Forks 72 Harlem 57
- Consolation - Lodge Grass 63 Shelby 49
Girls B Tournament:
- Championship - Colstrip 56 Jefferson (Boulder) 43
- Consolation - Bigfork 59 Glasgow 49
Boys C Tournament:
- Championship - Manhattan Christian 55 Froid/Medicine Lake Co-op 35
- Consolation - Belt 47 Melstone 22
Girls C Tournament:
- Championship - Roy-Winifred 48 Box Elder 40
- Consolation - Saco-Whitewater-Hinsdale Co-op 68 Twin Bridges 30
(Some scores provided by Associated Press)